- Application migrated from Sybase PowerBuilder 9.02 to SAP PowerBuilder 12.5.2 connecting to MS SQL Server.
- In Sybase PowerBuilder 9.02, the application used the MSS driver and in SAP PowerBuilder 12.5.2 using the SNC driver.
- A datawindow references a stored procedure that returns a text datatype that now in PowerBuilder 12.5.2 does not display the value unless the datatype is 32767.
- The datawindow returns a char(1000).
- This worked in PowerBuilder 9.02. In order to make the code return a value we would have to modify hundreds of data windows changing the datatype on each
Note, this issue appears to affect XML and varchar(max) datatypes as well.
- SAP PowerBuilder 12.5.2
- SAP PowerBuilder 12.6
- MS SQL Server
pb,snc,mss,staticbind,text,sp,staticbind=0,NoCheckNullBind=1,datatype , KBA , BC-SYB-PB , Powerbuilder , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.