Calculation involving a scale is producing a truncation of decimal data
Number1 =Number2 = 1000000.
- Number is divide by scale Number1/scale & Number2/scale
- Output is correct --> 333333.333333 (Number1_1 & Number2_1
- Different calculation (1.0/Scale)
- Incorrect! Truncation to scale digit of number, i.e Number1 --> 3 & Number2--> 10
- So we see in output Number1_2 = 333000.000000 & Number2_2 = 333333.333300
Data Services 4.1 and 4.2
truncation decimal imprecision scale , KBA , EIM-DS-EXE , Data Services Job Execution , Bug Filed
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.