- Trying to install a Sybase ASE Small Business Edition in a RHEL KVM Environment
- Running "sysamcap PARTITION" in the VM
- Starting the ASE server, the following error appears in the ASE log:
kernel SySAM: Failed to obtain license(s) for ASE_CORE feature from license file(s) or server(s).
kernel SySAM: Cannot determine the total number of processor chips on the machine from within this
virtual system. The ASE_CORE ("AR") license type is restricted for use on a
machine with a maximum of 2 processor chips regardless of whether the virtual
system is limited to use fewer processor chips. You need to run 'sysamcap' on
the physical machine (or virtual-machine/partition control domain) and set
the reported environment variable prior to running ASE.
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 15.7
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 16.0
KBA , sub-capacity , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.