After creating a new promotion job, and adding a certain report to a promotion job, the promotion management application spins for the next 10 to 15 minutes and takes a very long time to add report.
- Similar spinning behavior is seen when trying to promote the same job
- Neither dependencies nor security are selected at this point.
- The issue is specific to few Webi reports - those built on specific DSL universe(s).
- There are other reports including the Webintelligence and Crystal report samples which can be added to the job quickly and work fine.
- The promotion management application seems to perform very slowly when adding and promoting specific reports.
- All workflows are conducted by Administrator user although Windows AD Authentication is configured.
- SAP KBA 1800290 was checked as the behavior was similar, but no corrupt AD groups could be found to cause the issue.
- SAP BI 4.0+ & 4.1+ .
- All supported operating platforms
BI BIP 4.1 4.0 PM LCM promotion slow freeze hang add report object unx dsf security , KBA , BI-BIP-LCM , Lifecycle Management Console - Promotion mgmt, Version mgmt , BI-RA-WBI , Web Intelligence , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.