- A JDBC application is using JDBC float to represent money value on SAP ASE, where the field is defined as numeric.
- As an example, a SAP ASE column of type numeric(18,2).
- jConnect method used to set field is setFloat.
- On older jConnect versions, such as 7.0 GA [ jConnect (TM) for JDBC(TM)/7.00(Build 26502)/P/EBF17993/JDK16/Thu Jun 3 3:09:09 2010 ], no rounding occurs.
- Using version jConnect (TM) for JDBC(TM)/7.07 SP130 (Build 27074)/P/EBF23283/JDK 1.6.0/jdbcmain/OPT/Mon Jul 21 12:39:01 PDT 2014 or higher, including 16.0, rounding occurs.
- Example - a number like 12345.67 rounds to 12345.66 on the way to SAP ASE.
- jConnect 7.07 (SDK for SAP ASE 15.7 SP130)
- jConnect 16.0 (PL04/PL05)
- SAP ASE 15.7/16.0
SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise 15.7 ; SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise SDK 16.0 ; Sybase SDK 15.7 ; Sybase Software Developer Kit 15.7
jConn, JDBC, rounding, CR#778361, CR 778361, 77361 , KBA , BC-SYB-SDK , SDK , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , Bug Filed
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.