- Upgrading server to ASE 15.7.x from an older version using sqlupgrade or sqlupgraderes utilities
- Host machine may be slow or very busy
- Host machine may be running a virtual machine (VM)
- Upgrade log reports messages similar to:
The upgrade program has completed successfully.
Restarting Adaptive Server....
Unable to boot server 'SYBASE'.
Adaptive Server failed to restart.
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 15.7
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 16.0
SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise 15.7 ; SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise 16.0
KBA , sybclosewait , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , Bug Filed
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.