- Randomly the ASE errorlog reports an "Infected with signal 10 (SIGBUS)/ 11 (SIGSEGV)" error with a stacktrace:
Current process (0x3998086c) infected with signal 10 (SIGBUS)
Address 0x00000000809aba24 (des__worktab_desget+0x4c), siginfo (code, address) = (1, 0xbb79d0053a62a599)
- The stacktrace includes the function des__worktab_desget:
- This happens when the affected process (spid) is running a complex SQL query requiring worktables during its processing.
- The spid failure is followed by Error 6103:
Error: 6103, Severity: 17, State: 1
Unable to do cleanup for the killed process; received Msg 8203.
- SAP Sybase Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 15.0.2
- SAP Sybase Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 15.0.3
- SAP Sybase Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 15.5
558700, CR558700, CR#558700, 606019, CR606019, CR#606019, segmentation, fault, segfault, access, violation, stacktrace, des_wkinstall , KBA , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , Bug Filed
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.