After you install Microsoft Office December 9, 2014 security updates, the following issues are encountered in the EPM Add-In (10.X) and BPC for Excel (7.X) products:
- 'Edit Report' is grayed out
- Context options are grayed out
- The EPM pane shows no connection for current report
- Refreshing the report has no effect
- Journal options are grayed out
- It is not possible to open an EPM Add-in report
- Even the user has ADMIN access or try in other machine, certain report cannot be open in EPM addin(all other reports are not affected)
- The following error is displayed: EPM - General Error: Unable to get the Object property of the OLEObject class
- When you try to insert an ActiveX control into an Excel document, you may receive a "Cannot insert object" error message, and the ActiveX control is not inserted. Additionally, the existing ActiveX controls in the document are not enabled.
This issue has been resolved in the following Microsoft updates:
- March 10, 2015 update for Office 2013 (KB2920754)
- March 10, 2015 update for Office 2010 (KB2920813)
- March 10, 2015 update for Office 2007 (KB2920794)
- Please make sure the ActiveX controls are enabled from the Trust Center Settings.
- If you continue to have issues after applying the March 10, 2015 updates, you will need to apply the following solutions on your computer: Microsoft Fix it 51029 / Microsoft Fix it 51031 specified in Microsoft KB 3025036.
- This issue is an unintended side-effect of these security updates that disables ActiveX controls and is not specific to any particular SAP product.
- Microsoft has updated article KB 3025036 with a third resolution regarding different Microsoft Office versions. Please review this article for further guidance to this issue.
- Please contact Microsoft directly or utilize Microsoft resources to troubleshoot this issue further if you cannot resolve your issue (listed in the symptoms section above) by following the resolutions in KB 3025036.
- SAP Business Planning and Consolidation 7.5, version for NetWeaver
- SAP Business Planning and Consolidation 10, version for NetWeaver
- SAP Business Planning and Consolidation 10.1, version for NetWeaver
- SAP Business Planning and Consolidation 7.0, version for Microsoft
- SAP Business Planning and Consolidation 7.5, version for Microsoft
- SAP Business Planning and Consolidation 10, version for Microsoft
- SAP Business Planning and Consolidation 10.1, version for Microsoft
- SAP Financial Consolidation (FC) 10.0
- EPM Add-In 10.0 for Microsoft Office
- Microsoft Excel 2007
- Microsoft Excel 2010
- Microsoft Excel 2013
"Cannot insert object", "Object library invalid or contains references to object definitions that could not be found", BOPC, Journal, auto reverse, autoreverse, balance, balanced , KBA , inoutform , inputform , input form , template , input , form , refresh , recognized , longer , epm report no longer recognized , inconsistency , database , inconsistent , unrecognized , weird , wierd , disabkled , disabled , button , grey , edit report button is greyed out , analyze , eanalyze , open reports under analyze is not openin , opening , updating , epm not updating report , epm not updating , no data showing , troubleshooting , EPM-BPC-NW , NetWeaver Version , EPM-XLS , EPM Excel Client , EPM-BPC-MS , Microsoft Version , EPM-PCM , Profitability and Cost Management, EPO, PP, AA, Metify , EPM-BFC-PSI , Performance, Stability, Installation , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.