- During Migration of the core BW system you encounter problems in the last ABAP package to be imported, in this sample, the ABAP package _BIC_FZLMI02A, which returned this error:
Index creation stops persistently with error (DB) ERROR: DDL statement failed (/* MIGR_SYB_EXTRA_CREATE_INDEX */ CREATE INDEX "/BIC/FZLMI02A~P" ON "/BIC/FZLMI02A" ( "KEY_ZLMI02AT", "KEY_ZLMI02A1", "KEY_ZLMI02A2", "KEY_ZLMI02A3", "KEY_ZLMI02A4", "KEY_ZLMI02A5", "KEY_ZLMI02A6", "KEY_ZLMI02A7 ", "KEY_ZLMI02A8", "KEY_ZLMI02A9", "KEY_ZLMI02AU", "KEY_ZLMI02AP") LOCAL INDEX )
DbSlExecute: rc = 99 (SQL error 712)
- The error message is returned by the DBSL on work processes developper trace file looks like this:
[ASE Error SQL712][SAP][ASE ODBC Driver][Adaptive Server Enterprise] There is insufficient heap memory to allocate 2172720 bytes. Please increase configuration parameter 'heap memory per user' or try again when there is less activity on the system. (DB) ERROR: DDL statement failed with same message for all indexes in that package.
- You already tried increasing 'number of user connections' to a higher value as well as increasing 'heap memory per user' to the largest value the system accepts in the configuration with your max memory value (Best practice guide).
- The problem involves creation of indexes on this partitioned F-fact table during the system import. Index creation is failing with SQL712 & SQL702 errors -- insufficient heap memory/memalloc() failures.
- The system is in the process of migration, hence inaccessible for DDIC command access.
- ASE error log is reporting error Msg 712 followed by a stack trace on module "memalloc".
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 15.7 for Business Suite
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 16.0 for Business Suite
- SAP NetWeaver (NW) - All versions
702, 712, index, CR#766754, CR766754, 766754, memalloc , KBA , BW-SYS-DB-SYB , BW on Sybase ASE Database Platform , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.