Trying to enable an ICM service in SMICM transaction returns an error.
In ICMBND cannot bind the service and dev_webdisp/dev_icm trace shows:
*** ERROR => IcmStartIcmBnd: "/usr/sap/<SID>/SYS/exe/run/icmbnd" failed with rc: <RC> - inspect "dev_icmbnd" [icxxextbnd_m 1116]
*** WARNING => Could not start service (rc=-1)
dev_icmbnd you get following error:
***LOG Q0I=> NiIBindSocket: <host_IP>:<port_abc> bind (13: Permission denied) [nixxi.cpp 3739]
*** ERROR => NiIBindSocket: SiBind failed for hdl x/sock y
(SI_EADDR_NAVAIL/13; I4; ST; <host_IP>:<port_abc>) [nixxi.cpp 3739]
*** ERROR => icmbnd: Ni3Listen failed for host <hostname>(<host_IP>):<port_abc> (rc=-16): NIEMYHOST_VERIFY [icxxbnd_mt.c 690]
*** ERROR => icmbnd: You might not have the permissions to bind the service: <port_abc> [icxxbnd_mt.c 692]
icmbnd: exit process with rc=-16
***LOG Q0I=> NiIBindSocket: bind (98: Address already in use) [nixxi.cpp 3741]
*** ERROR => NiIBindSocket: SiBind failed for hdl 1/sock 11
(SI_EPORT_INUSE/98; I4; ST;<host_IP>:<port_abc>) [nixxi.cpp 3741]
*** ERROR => icmbnd: NiListen failed for 25 (rc=-4): NIESERV_USED [icxxbnd_mt.c 612]
*** ERROR => icmbnd: You might not have the permissions to bind the service: 25 [icxxbnd_mt.c 614]
icmbnd: exit process with rc=-4
The port you want to bind <port_abc> is lower than 1024 (on UNIX); so you have icm/server_port_x correctly configured with "EXTBIND=1".
SAP NetWeaver AS ABAP installed on Unix based operating system.
exe/icmbnd DIR_CT_RUN DIR_EXECUTABLE web dispatcher webdispatcher Possible scenarios of the issue
- HTTPs port activation failed
- SMTP service does not start up
- SMTP cannot be activated
- Service could not be activated: Internal ICM error(-1)
- Outgoing HTTPS connection does not work in AS ABAP
- HTTPS ICM port activation issue
- HTTPS publish on Internet
- HTTPS port 443 issue
- Change HTTPS port of portal system
- HTTPS Configuration is not working with 443 port
- Activation of HTTPS does not work
- SMTP and HTTPS services are deactivated in SMICM
- how to active HTTPS service
- Port binding < 1024
- Problem publisher URLs
- SAP Webdispatcher auf Port 80 bzw. 443 starten
- HTTPS service cannot be activated in transaction SMICM
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.