- As reported in CVE-2014-3566, the use of the SSLv3.0 protocol in SSL-encrypted client server communication, where the SSL client is a web browser, is susceptible to padding-oracle attack. The Padding Oracle On Downgraded Legacy Encryption (POODLE) attack exploits this vulnerability to obtain cleartext data.
- When acting as an SSL server, the Netweaver AS Java supports the use of SSLv3.0 for backward compatibility reasons.
- You would like to ensure that your Netweaver AS Java 6.40 - 7.0x is not susceptible to the aforementioned vulnerability
- SAP NetWeaver 7.0
- SAP enhancement package 1 for SAP NetWeaver 7.0
- SAP enhancement package 2 for SAP NetWeaver 7.0
- SAP enhancement package 3 for SAP NetWeaver 7.0
- SAP NetWeaver Composition Environment 7.1
- SAP enhancement package 1 for SAP NetWeaver Composition Environment 7.1
- SAP NetWeaver Composition Environment 7.2
- SAP Netweaver 2004
SAP NetWeaver Application Server 7.0
Disabling SSLv3.0 in Netweaver AS Java not susceptible to the aforementioned vulnerability , KBA , BC-JAS-SEC-CPG , Cryptography , How To
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.