- This article provides details information for users attempting to build their own calculations within Compensation & Variable Pay.
- Support is typically unable to troubleshoot any custom calculations (formula) when these are either broken or you are unable to create a valid calculation.
- Calculations are by nature complex and unique to your plan and should be developed with assistance from a paid partner or professional services engagement.
- If you do encounter calculation issues with custom formulas etc we would recommend the formula to be broken down. This will identify the potential problem.
- When creating formulas please note it is NOT recommended to have more than 10-15 conditions when using the IF, THEN or ELSE syntax.
If this is something you are looking to implemement we suggest using a lookup table.
- Attached to this KBA is an example of a custom formula using the IF syntax which is not recommended.
**Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental**
- SuccessFactors Compensation
- SuccessFactors Variable Pay
custom formulas, compensation formulas, calculations, formulas, complex formulas, manage data, managing data, lookup tables , KBA , sf compensation manage data , LOD-SF-CMP , Compensation Management , LOD-SF-VRP , Variable Pay Programs , How To
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.