- "There is no document from Asset Accounting: Message No. A3008".
- This message can be received in various transactions and not necessarily posted from a typical Asset Accounting transactions only. The key is that the transaction has line items that post into Financial Accounting (General Ledger). A line item could have its origin from a transaction in Controlling, Material Management or Financial Accounting for example.
- You have set G/L posting indicator 4 (or 6) in your depreciation area which is a "Direct Posting" to the General Ledger (T093-BUHBKT = 4 or 6): trying to display the document from Asset Accounting for example via FB03 however, you receive error code "There is no document from Asset Accounting: Message no. A3008". This is not what you expect as you believe this is a"Direct Posting" to the General Ledger and expect a link to Asset Accounting.
- In a transaction (e.g. KSB1) when you double-click on the line item to drill down to see the FI document it does not work. You receive error code A3008.
- You notice the system behaviour is not always the same: for other postings made with same transaction to the same depreciation area the drill down functionality is working as expected and you can view the FI documents.
- You notice a commonality that when the posting is done by periodic posting transaction ASKBN (report RAPERB2000) the report or transaction shows the error: "There is no document from Asset Accounting: Message no. A3008".
- Financial Accounting (FI)
- Asset Accounting (FI-AA)
- SAP R/3 Enterprise 4.7
- SAP ERP Central Component
- SAP ERP
- SAP enhancement package for SAP ERP
- SAP enhancement package for SAP ERP, version for SAP HANA
A3 008, ASKB double-clicking, drill-down, realtime, get, linking, AW01N, accurate, appropriate SAP_APPL, EA-APPL, SAP_FIN, ECC 5.0, ECC 6.0, ERP 2004, ERP 2005, EHP, 470, 500, 600, 602, 603, 604, 605, 606, 616, 617, 618, 700, etc. , KBA , FI-AA-AA-C , Transactions , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.