- Reporting multiple timeslices and kernel engine messages, e.g.
timeslice -1001, current process infected at 0xe5bfdf (ptn_unkeep+0x6f)
- The timer errors, where ASE isn't able to clear the negative values look like this:
kernel Warning: The internal timer is operational and has recovered from previous failure.
kernel Warning: The internal timer is not progressing. If this message is generated multiple times, report to Sybase Technical Support and restart the server (alarminterval=-739).
- These are also variations of the same problem:
kernel timeslice -1001, current process infected at 0x150a8b4 (atomic_try+0x2)
Stacktrace may include:
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 15.7
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 16.0
spinlock, warning, timer, atomic_try, time slice, internal, s_free, clean_process, RDI, orphan locked spinlock , KBA , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , Bug Filed
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.