- On running HDB start, the following errors are seen:
- FAIL: Timeout
Starting instance using: /usr/sap/<SID>/SYS/exe/hdb/sapcontrol -prot
NI_HTTP -nr 10 -function StartWait 2700 2
FAIL: NIECONN_REFUSED (Connection refused), NiRawConnect failed in plugin_fopen()
- OS process list command ps -efH | grep sapstart does NOT return evidence of sapstartservice running
- The SAPHOSTAGENT trace file contains entries similar to these:
- [Thr 140274172008224] *** ERROR => Connection of channel 10 failed [ServerChanne 67]
- [Thr 140274172008224] *** ERROR => Setup of too many communication channels failed. Giving up. [ServerChanne 98]
- [Thr 140274172008224] *** ERROR => Channel Accept failed [HostExecServ 242]
- [Thr 140274172008224] *** ERROR => Start of HostService failed
- By executing the following command ls -lad /tmp, it can be seen that write permissions are not available for users other than root.
- Example output: drwxr-xr-- 52 root root 20480 Timestamp /tmp
HANA on Linux.
SAP HANA 1.0, platform edition ; SAP HANA, platform edition 2.0
sapstream, sapstartsrv, saphostagent, system down, HDB start , KBA , HAN-DB , SAP HANA Database , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.