- The Advantage Database Server (ADS) starts up on the server (service is running) and a connection can be made from a client such as Advantage Data Architect (ARC) running on the server. Clients running on other machines produce 6420 errors.
- Error 6420: Unable to "discover" the Advantage Database Server
- 10048 errors which are Windows Winsock errors appear in ads_err logs. The error is "Only one usage of each socket address (protocol/network address/port) is normally permitted."
- Any supported SAP Advantage Database Server versions
- Sybase Advantage Database Server
- SAP Advantage Data Architect
- Microsoft Windows
Sybase Advantage Database Server all versions
ADS, Sybase, ARC, error, codes, code, IPC, 6262, default port, in use , KBA , BC-SYB-ADS , ADS (Advantage Database Server) , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.