- Upgrade server to ASE 15.7 SP100 or later, or
- Upgrade a database using DUMP/LOAD to ASE 15.7 SP100 or later
- Source server or database version is below ASE 15.7 SP100
- Source database may be very large
- Source database may have very little free space
- Source database may have free space, but may have little or none in early database fragments
- ASE errorlog reports a message similar to:
Database 'mybigdb': beginning upgrade step [ID 82]: creating table (table sysdams)
- Nothing else regarding upgrade printed to log for a long period of time or upgrade may appear to hang
- ASE may be configured for a larger than default logical page size
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 15.7 SP100 to SP130
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 16.0 GA PL01 to PL04
Sybase, sqlupgrade, sqlupgraderes, performance, slow, long, hours, CR768925 , KBA , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , BC-DB-SYB , SAP Business Suite on Sybase ASE Database Platform , Bug Filed
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.