After upgrading from ASE 12.5 to ASE 15.0 and later releases, correlated subquery could show performance degradation due to order in which subqueries are evaluated in ASE 15.0 & later.
- A query could show more logical I/Os
- Different optimization goals viz., oltp, mix, dss, all show same problem
- The reorg (for defragmentation) improves matters but does not appear to solve the problem
- Using compatibility mode resolves this problem
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 15.7
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 16.0
- Sybase Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 15.0
- Sybase Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 15.5
SAP ASE 15 performance, coorelated subquery, high logical I/O, subquery, slow , KBA , optimizer , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , Bug Filed
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.