Serial numbers flows from Sales Order to Purchase Requisition in 3 ways
- Go to Menu option Extras -> Technical objects and Enter Serial numbers manually.
- Go to Menu option Extras -> Technical objects and Click Button 'Create Serial no automatically'
- User will not go to the serial number screen at all in sales order and directly SAVE the sales order. Function LOG_MM_SERNO must be active
In the first 2 options the Serial Numbers are copied from the Sales Order into the Purchase Requisition as expected, but using the third option the Serial numbers are not copied.
- If the serial number profile attached to the material master is automatic serialized, SAP will generate serial numbers in background in sales order.
- If the Purchase order created directly from Sales order using ALE scenarion then the serial numbers are not copied from reference document to the created purchase order. This is because in this scenario there is no Purchase Requisition is created (from the SO)
Materials Management (MM)
SAP enhancement package for SAP ERP
SAP enhancement package for SAP ERP, version for SAP HANA
PReq, Banf, Kundenauftrag, Serialnummer, Strecke, Third-Party, ME53n, VA01, ME_REQUISITION_EXT , KBA , MM-PUR-REQ , Purchase Requisitions , MM-PUR-GF-TP , Third Party Order Processing , MM-PUR-GF-SN , Serial Numbers in Purchasing , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.