- Opening a workbook with BEx Analyzer is very slow or causes BEx Analyzer to crash. Opening the same workbook in Excel without BEx AddInn works fine.
- Depending on the number of cell styles in a workbook the performance of BEx Analyzer decreases as certain calls to Excel get very slow.
- The amount of cell styles can be checked via the Home ribbon's Styles section where there is a drop down button called Cell Styles. Clicking on this button opens the drop down that shows all styles in the workbook. If this drop down contains a large number (hundreds or thousands) of styles then this is a clear indication that this could be the cause for the poor performance.
- There are cases where copying and pasting cells/worksheets from one workbook to another cause Excel to add new styles to the workbook. This is sometimes referred to as "Custom Style Explosion".
- Usually the majority of the styles is not even used in the workbook. Therefore deleting the styles will solve the problem.
- Please also see the following entries in the Microsoft Knowledge Base which describes a different symptom but the same root cause:
Opening a workbook is no longer possible, user receives error message "Workbook is Corrupt".
- BEx Analyzer
- SAP Netweaver All Versions
SAP NetWeaver all versions
SAPBEX , KBA , BW-BEX-ET-WB-7X , 7.x Analyzer Frontend , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.