This is a collective Knowledge Base Article (KBA), which provides a list of features/functionalities that are not covered by design. The features are grouped in accordance with topic hierarchy of SAP ME online help.
Below within this document, the following topics are mentioned:
- Document Management
- Master Data Configuration
- PAPI, Web Services
- Production Operator Dashboard (POD)
- Quality Management - Data Collection
- Quality Management - Nonconformance
- SAPMEINT. Inbound requests
- SAPMEINT. Outbound requests
- System Configuration
- Document (Re)Print (SY510) activity does not create Activity Log against SFC, for which a Document is printed.
Master Data Configuration
- Routing Version cannot be more than 4 characters as per KBA 1909787.
- Activity hook CHECK_TSM_COMPONENTS does not validate TSM material in a slot as per KBA 2490270.
PAPI, Web Services
- User for recording activities triggered by PAPI/Webservice calls (KBA 2041029).
- The response message to FindItemByBasicData webservice request does not contain ItemGroupRef tag as per KBA 1772564.
- Default Value Maintenance settings are not considered if web services are used as per KBA 1790466.
- DataCollectionService PAPI (findParametricDataByReference operation in particular) is controlled by "Store Data Collection Results in ODS" system rule. Thus parametric data cannot be operated by this PAPI within both WIP and ODS tables simultaneously.
Production Operator Dashboard (POD)
- Product Workbench does not show all Work Instructions as per KBA 1600440.
- When the Work List is sorted by Status, it is technically sorted by the Status code which is numeric and thus all Active SFCs in the Work List appear at the bottom while Statuses like Hold are displayed on top. The Status is not sorted by its description at the moment.
- The POD browses do not execute every validation during the browse for performance reasons. It does not check on every possible reason an SFC cannot be started and for instance it is possible to browse the SFC from a different Work Center than the entered Resource belongs to.
Quality Management - Data Collection
- Data Collection is not started at Start or Complete if it is run under new button as per KBA 2002059.
- Data Collection Groups with Obsolete status in ME versions before 5.2 cannot be edited or deleted as per KBA 1601053.
Quality Management - Nonconformance
- An operator can close NC Data Entry window without logging any Nonconformance as per KBA 1815282.
- When a NC is edited via NC Tree, it saves with a status of Cancelled rather than Open. Note that while the NC is marked as Cancelled, a new one is created with status Open in order to track the changes (editing) that were made.
- "Apply to All SFCs" checkbox in NC Data Entry plug-in disappears once the user unselects the checkbox. It is shown again once the plug-in is re-opened. A future enhancement will be to align this behavior with other places where "Apply to All SFCs" checkbox is used so that it does not disappear from the screen.
SAPMEINT. Inbound requests
- Component Scrap % (defined at MRP4 tab in ERP) for BOM component is not supported/used by BOM Maintenance of SAP ME. Enhancement is planned for SAP ME 15.1.
SAPMEINT. Outbound requests
- If a BOM component has been assembled and its yield confirmation has been reported to ERP, removing this component (for example, during Log NC) does not send Goods Movement type 262 to ERP to reverse the consumption of this component, even though replacing this component with another one will trigger a new yield confirmation with Goods Movement type 261. The change to report Goods Movement type 262 for a removed component is planned for SAP ME 15.0 SP03.
- Equipment Status Change does not send a message to ERP against all Statuses as per KBA 1953657.
- Audit Log does not provide traceability of creation of configuration business objects during Configuration Data Transfer Import.
- Configuration Data Transfer Export does not save the state of "Export All Dependent Objects" checkbox as a part of CDT template. After Retrieve action for a template, the checkbox should be adjusted manually before triggering Export action. Storing the setting of the chechbox in the database will be planned for implementation in future releases after SAP ME 15.1 SP03.
- RMA SFC receipt can receive more SFCs than the build quantity of the RMA order as per KBA 1901025.
SAP Manufacturing Execution
printing, SFC, VM, Visiprise, enhancement, WAD, work by design, work as designed , KBA , MFG-ME-PRD , Production Activities , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.