- Windows 2003 server is updated with Windows 2003 patches and Symantec security software patches
- ASE 15.0.3 for Windows 32-bit runs on this machine
- After patch application and rebooting certain clients unable to connect
- As an example, ASE ODBC Driver application receive error "Could not load code page for requested charset"
- When looking at TDS login packet, one might see something like: New Value : ____Xÿµ_____@ÿµ_Dÿµ_ÞnæwÿÿÿÿXÿ
- This is found in the TDS_ENVCHANGE token
- Upon inspecting ASE errorlog, default character set is blank and should list default charset name, such as 'utf8':
00:00000:00001:2014/01/30 22:03:05.56 server ASE's default unicode sort order is 'binary'.
00:00000:00001:2014/01/30 22:03:05.56 server ASE's default sort order is:
00:00000:00001:2014/01/30 22:03:05.56 server 'utf8_nocase' (ID = 101)
00:00000:00001:2014/01/30 22:03:05.56 server on top of default character set:
00:00000:00001:2014/01/30 22:03:05.56 server '' (ID = 190).
- ASE ODBC Driver 15.7
- ASE 15.0.3 ESD#4, EBF 17771, Windows 32-bit
- Windows 2003 server, 32-bit
- jConnect 7.0X
MS, char set, character set, unicode, , KBA , BC-SYB-SDK , SDK , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.