- "soc_nconnect: no free file descriptors available" followed by 7205 and 3220 errors when attempting to run a dump command
- dump database model to "/dba/backup/sybbackup/bkp/model.dmp"
Msg 7205, Level 17, State 2: Server 'spxx', Line 1:
Can't open a connection to site 'SYB_BACKUP'. See the error log file in the ASE boot directory.
Msg 3220, Level 17, State 5: Server 'spxx', Line 1:
Could not establish communication with Backup Server 'SYB_BACKUP'.
Please make sure that there is an entry in sysservers for this server, and that the correct server is running.
- This problem can also cause monEngines connections column to show over-inflated values which exceeds the total number of connections available.
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 15.7
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 16.0
- IBM AIX appears to be the only platform affected
SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise 15.7 ; SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise 16.0
kernel mode CR765203 , KBA , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , Bug Filed
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.