A user-defined role (or custom role) is a collection of permissions. Benefit of user-defined role are :
- User-defined roles are server-wide
- Single user can have multiple user-defined roles.
- User-defined roles can be dynamically turned off and on by the user
- Supporting more flexibility than with groups.
- User-defined role can also include other user-defined roles, allowing for hierarchical access.
- Access can be defined for a specific application.
In order for a user-defined role to have an effect, perform the following tasks:
- Create user-defined role
- Assign permissions to user-defined role
- Assign user-defined role to logins
- Enable user-defined role
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 12.5
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 15.7
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 16.0
user-defined, role, setup , KBA , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , How To
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.