Error occured when activating infoobject ABC:
Characteristic ABC is blocked by conversion
Message no. R7476
The activation error typically happens when you have mixed several small changes that involve compounding, attributes of one infoobject, but activate the whole changes within one step. It also happens in a transport that in original system the changes were made in several steps, but all the changes were imported to target system together.
Infoobject ABC originally has attribute AA, compounding CC. You changed the attribute from AA to CC, and changed the compounding from CC to AA. Then you try to activate the infoobject.
The following errors may also be found in the error log:
- Table /BI0/xxx (Error adjusting the database)
- Table /BI0/xxx could not be activated
- Field xxx does not exist
- 'InfoObject 'ABC' is referenced from 'XYZ', compounding cannot be changed'
- Structure change at field level (convert table /BIC/Pxx)
- Characteristic xxx: Compound or reference was changed
- Business Warehouse BW, Business Intelligence BI
- Release independent
R7476, R7 476, blocked by conversion, compound, attribute, RSD1, activate infoobject, DT064, R7575 , KBA , BW-WHM-DBA-IOBJ , InfoObjects , How To
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.