- The following messages are reported in the ASE error log:
kernel secleanup: time to live expired on engine xx
kernel Terminating the listener with protocol tcp, host host_name, port 4010 because the listener execution context is located on engine xx, which is not responding.
- followed by a short stack trace for the terminated listener:
- The listener was restarted by the ASE server right away.
- This resulted in a "hanging" dataserver process that had to be killed with the "kill -9" command from the operating system before the ASE server could be restarted.
- ASE running with the process kernel mode.
SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE)
hung, kernel process, clean up dead engines, dataserver process unhealthy, database unresponsive, threaded kernel, internal job, cleanup sequence, unresponsive, poor performance, OS issue, engine hangs, background process , KBA , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.