- Whenever promotion management promotes a report/object from one system to another, its filename gets a "guid-[xxxx]" tag appended to it.
- Subsequent promotions to other systems keeps adding these tags, till the filename exceeds the 256 character limit.
- After this, the physical file never gets promoted to any destination, even if the status shows as "Success".
- When user tries to open such report the following error is displayed "Document cannot be retrieved from the File Repository Server. (WIS 30951) (Error : INF)".
- SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence Platform 4.x
- All supported Windows Server OS
migrate, migration, object, lcm, prompt, promote, transfer, trans, guid, uid, id, xguid, frs, input, output, WebI, tags, report, file, name, Windows, 256, characters , KBA , BI-BIP-LCM , Lifecycle Management Console - Promotion mgmt, Version mgmt , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.