A 257 error, "Implicit conversion from datatype '...' to '...' is not allowed. Use the CONVERT function to run this query." may be raised with meeting all following conditions.
- "statement cache" is configured
- A parameterized statement (containing '?' parameters) is executed without using the "DYNAMIC_PREPARE" option
- Send a NULL value for one or more of the parameters
- The datatype specified for the NULL value is incompatible with the target column affected by the statement
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 12.5.2 or later
- jConnect for JDBC 6.0.5, 7.0
statement cache, implicit conversion, 257, jConnect, JDBC , KBA , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , BC-SYB-SDK , SDK , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.