The following symptoms are known to appear without any changes to processes that are running in ASE Server 15.0.3 or higher:
- There are no new processes and nothing shows up in the montable.
- Output of sp_sysmon shows server engine utilization goes up ( over 90%).
- System may report high CPU even if trace flag 753 at server level is enabled (used to disable large allocation auto tune in memory manager).
- sp_monitorconfig shows procedure cache utilization goes down and reuse count (which was 0) goes up.
- Object Manager Spinlock Contention in the sp_sysmon output is also high (above 3%).
- Metadata parameters such as "number of open objects" can be seen as very high usage.
SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 15.0.3 and above.
TF, TraceFlag, open objects, performance, proc_cache, free_unused, high cpu usage, spinlock, contention , KBA , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.