The following symptoms are known to appear without any changes to processes that are running in ASE Server 15.0.3 or higher:
- There are no new processes and nothing shows up in the montable.
- Output of sp_sysmon shows server engine utilization goes up (33 engines all over 97%).
- The procedure cache is significantly high (8gb), and been running for years with no issue.
- Have trace flag 753 at server level - used to disable large allocation auto tune in memory manager.
- sp_monitorconfig shows procedure cache utilization goes down and reuse count (which was 0) goes up.
- Object Manager Spinlock Contention in the sp_sysmon output is also high (above 3% and in some places above 50%.)
- Spiking in number of open objects. The setting was 60K and it was raised to 300k open objects and reached the peak and seems to have peaked for the moment.
SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 15.0.3 and above.
TF, TraceFlag, open objects, performance, proc_cache, free_unused, high cpu usage, spinlock, contention , KBA , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.