- While performing an upgrade using the Software Update Manager (SUM) an error occurs in a phase where an ABAP background job is run.
- The SUM displays an error: "Checks after phase <PHASE NAME> were negative! Last error code set: No new lines found in logfiles.
- The message in the log is similar to:
1EETQ235 Call of function module "SUBST_LIST_SYS_LOGS" by RFC failed (error-status "5")
2EETQ360 RFC of "SUBST_LIST_SYS_LOGS" failed:
2EETQ361 code/exception : 5
2EETQ362 key : COULD_NOT_OPEN_FILE
4 ETQ010 Date & Time: 20130811085801
2WETQ399 Ignore error message 'RFC error system ZZZ nr 80 function 'SUBST_LIST_SYS_LOGS' failed with code 5 key COULD_NOT_OPEN_FILE: Number:000'.
2EETQ262 Batchjob "ENHUPGPHASE" aborted
1EETQ399 Last error code set is 'Batchjob 'ENHUPGPHASE' with id '08580000' aborted'
1EETQ204 Upgrade phase "RUN_ENHUPGPHASE" aborted with severe errors ("20130811085801")
- in the SM37 in the joblog the following is visible:
"Log writer aborted with RC 1"
"Log writer canceled with RC 1"
- Such error can happen in various upgrade phases like:
- At resetting the upgrade
Postprocessing Netweaver 7.4 NW broke upgrading , KBA , BC-UPG-TLS-TLA , Upgrade tools for ABAP , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.