- Running a script to auto-generate new passwords and then resets all passwords on its dataservers
- The passwords are saved in a text file
- The script then reads each new password and uses ASE's sp_password stored procedure to reset the current passwords.
- If a new password contains a carriage return, for example:
sp_password still succeeds.
- A carriage return (or ENTER) is not a printable character, number or symbol, sp_password should not allow a password to contain a carriage return
- sp_password incorrectly allows a carriage return (or ENTER) when setting a new password
SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) All Versions
KBA , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , Bug Filed
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.