- SAP Sybase ASE (Adaptive Server Enterprise) ADO.NET Data Provider is deployed on machine without SAP Sybase ASE SDK (Software Developer's Kit installation).
- SAP Sybase ASE database server is configured with default charset = cp850.
- Connection attempt is made and results in either of these two errors, depending on ADO.NET Provider release:
- Could not load code page for requested charset
- Client unable to establish a connection (Using ADO.NET Provider from SDK 15.7 SP122)
- SAP Sybase ASE Database Server 15.7
- SAP Sybase SDK using ADO.NET Data Provider 15.7 (either 4.157 or 2.157)
- Windows 7, 2008 (R2) and higher, typically 64-bit, but same occurs when using 32-bit
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2005, 2008, 2010, 2012 and higher, using C# or VB.NET
SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise 15.7 ; SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise 16.0
adodotnet, character set , KBA , BC-SYB-SDK , SDK , How To
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.