- Any command on SAP Sybase Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) may hang after it has run out of locks
- instead of aborting the process, ASE hangs upon exhausting locks
- diagnostic dbcc commands like dbcc stacktrace() also hangs.
- ASE may have raised error 1204 (SQL1204) before it hangs.
- Error 1204:
- ASE has run out of LOCKS. Re-run your command when there are fewer active users, or contact a user with System Administrator (SA) role to reconfigure ASE with more LOCKS.
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 15.7 for Business Suite
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 16.0 for Business Suite
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 15.7
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 16.0
ASE, SYB, hung, hang, hanging, 1204, number of locks, CR742191, CR#742191, 742191 , KBA , BC-DB-SYB , SAP Business Suite on Sybase ASE Database Platform , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , Bug Filed
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.