- Errors reported to Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) errorlog in continuous loop:
kernel nopen: accept, Bad file number
kernel nopen: accept, Socket operation on non-socket
- ASE configured for multiple engines
- Occurs only on Unix-based systems
- Use sp_listener and sp_engine or DBCC ENGINE to "online" one or more additional ASE engines
- Execution of sp_sysmon prior to the engine online attempt changes error to the socket message above
- Truss output for the indicated engine may report Err#95 ENOTSOCK
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 12.5.x
- Sybase Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 15.0
- Sybase Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 15.0.1
KBA , cr421061 , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , Bug Filed
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.