Linked Server connection attempting to run a stored procedure gets errors 7399 and 7391 when trying to insert the values returned from the stored Proc:
Msg 7399, Level 16, State 1, Line 1
The OLE DB provider "ASEOLEDB" for linked server "linkedservername" reported an error. The provider did not give any information about the error.
Msg 7391, Level 16, State 2, Line 1
The operation could not be performed because OLE DB provider "ASEOLEDB" for linked server "linkedservername" was unable to begin a distributed transaction.
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 15.0.3
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 12.5.3
- SAP Software Developer Kit (SDK) 15.5
- Microsoft SQL Server 2005 - 9.00.5000.00 (X64) Dec 10 2010 10:38:40 Copyright (c) 1988-2005
- Microsoft Corporation Enterprise Edition (64-bit) on Windows NT 6.1 (Build 7601: Service Pack 1)
MS SQL Server, Link server, linked, OLEDB, OLE, store proc, stored, sp, exec, execute, sybase, client, Win, Windows 7, window 2003, 2008, R2, MSSQLServer, , KBA , BC-SYB-SDK , SDK , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.