How to prevent ASE from acquiring a table-level lock on the object involved with large BCP batch jobs?
- The Bulk Copy (BCP) utility may be inserting data to only a limited fragment of the table
- Semantic partitioned tables are most likely used but non semantic partitioned table can be effected
- Users attempting to access other data in an unchanged portion of the table is blocked
- The sp_who procedure shows a blk_spid value > 0 for affected processes
- The sp_lock procedures spid output shows the blk_spid value from sp_who
- The sp_lock procedure may show locks - ex_intent, ex_page, ex_table
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 15.7
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 16.0
- Sybase Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 15.5
KBA , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , How To
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.