- A custom setting for ulimit has been set in the file /etc/security/limits.conf, to provide the ESP server process (esp_server) or ASP server process (Aleri sp server) with sufficient resources and to enable the it to allocate a large number of threads.
- But when more threads are needed than are provided by the default ulimit of 1024, the server process crashes, reporting the following error:
Internal [c0028]: pthread_create() failed
- Note: for ESP, the error is reported in the project's stdstreams.log.
- Linux RedHat 6.0 all versions
- SAP Sybase Event Stream Processor (ESP) 5.1
- SAP Sybase Aleri Streaming Platform (ASP) 3.1
Red Hat 6.0 ESP ASP ulimit pthread_create crash thread core resource limit ulimit linux shell maxproc node , KBA , BC-SYB-ESP , Sybase ESP (Event Stream Processor) , BC-SYB-CEP , Sybase Aleri Streaming Platform (CEP) , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.