- Added the primary database to replication server with rs_init.
- "sp_start_rep_agent PDB" from the primary server couldn't start the replication agent.
- There are error messages in the primary ASE errorlog:
Error: 9214, Severity: 16, State: 0
RepAgent(16): Failed to connect to Replication Server. Please check the Replication Server, username, and password specified to sp_config_rep_agent. RepSvr =DevRS , user = DevRS_ra).
Error: 9261, Severity: 20,State: 0
RepAgent(16): This Rep Agent Thread is aborting due to an unrecoverable communications or Replication Server error.
Rep Agent Thread fordatabase 'PDB' (dbid = 16) terminated abnormally with error. (major 92, minor 61)
Started Rep Agent on database, 'PDB' (dbid = 16).
RepAgent(16): Received the following communications error message: Msg 06080503: ct_connect():
directory service layer: internal directory control layer error: Requested server name not found.
- SAP Replication Server (RS) - All versions
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) - All versions
SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise all versions ; SAP Replication Server all versions
DSEDIT, DSCP, sql.ini , KBA , BC-SYB-REP , Sybase Replication Server (standalone) , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.