The Offline Distribution functionality causes an Automation Error if any other Office 2010 application is open (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook...).
The system throws the following errors: "Automation Error", "The system cannot publish the book to Interface for Web".
This does not occur with Office versions prior to Office 2010.
Issue only happens for XLSM files (macro-enabled workbook). If the template to distribute is a XLS file, the distribution is successful.
The error does not occur always at the same point in the time (it can occur after 30 seconds or after 5 minutes).
In short distributions the error may not occur, but in long distributions it will occur sooner or later.
- SAP Business Planning and Consolidation 7.5 for the Microsoft platform
- SAP Business Planning and Consolidation 7.5 for NetWeaver
- SAP Business Planning and Consolidation 10.0 for the Microsoft platform
- SAP Business Planning and Consolidation 10.0 for NetWeaver
- SAP Business Planning and Consolidation 10.1 for the Microsoft platform
- SAP Business Planning and Consolidation 10.1 for NetWeaver
offline distribution, automation error , KBA , EPM-BPC-NW , NetWeaver Version , EPM-BPC-MS , Microsoft Version , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.