- When trying to upgrade from XI3.1 to BI4 platform using the Upgrade management tool (UMT), the overall upgrade process is very slow despite over 36 hrs of migration.
- The UMT still indicates that it is still in the preparing stage (Stage I)
- The issue is the same even after we bumped the server memory (RAM) to 64GB and Heap size of UMT to 48GB and no progress as such.
- The user profile is also configured to use temp space from E:\ drive which has plenty of space
- All recommendations from the UMT best practices checklist kbase 1904814 are followed
- UMT traces are generated according to kbase 1602551, but they do not show any significant errors except for normal processing
SAP BusinessObjects BI Platform 4.x
All supported platforms
UMT slow performance preparation prepare first stage several days hours spin temp tmp temporary out of space troubleshoot , KBA , BI-BIP-UMT , Upgrade management tool , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.