- When an ASE on 15.7 attempts to upgrade a database following a load from an ASE 12.5.4 source encountering the following error:
Database 'DATABASE_NAME': beginning upgrade step [ID 26]: alter table (table sysprocedures)
Can't allocate space for object 'sysprocedures' in database 'DATABASE_NAME' because 'system' segment is full/has no free extents. If you ran out of space in syslogs, dump the transaction log. Otherwise, use ALTER DATABASE to increase the size of the segment.
- Leads to the upgrade to fail and the database to stay offline
- Altering the database to add more space neither extends the database nor allows the upgrade to progress.
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 15.7
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 16.0
KBA , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , Bug Filed
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.