- Using VMware ESX 5.1 receiving the following error upon startup of ASE:
kernel SySAM: Invalid host. The hostid of this system does not match the hostid specified in the license file. Unserved licenses can only be used on the host for which the license was generated.
If the license is intended for use on this machine then you need to check-in the license and regenerate it using the host id for this machine.
- Using sysamcap partition to obtain hostid information for the VM, receiving the following error upon startup of ASE:
kernel SySAM: The HOSTID of the license prevents use when PARTITION capacity licensing is configured. You need to re-generate the license at the Sybase Product
Download Center using the HOSTID reported by the 'sysamcap' utility.
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) Small Business Edition 15.7
- Physical Machine is Windows 2012
- MS HyperVM version is 6.2.9200.16384
- VM is Windows 2008 R2 SP1 Special Edition
- Sysam 220.127.116.11
incorrect host, wrong, virtual environment, sysamcap, MACHINE-ID, PARTITION-ID, Small Business Edition, SBE, Windows, Hyper-V , KBA , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.