You have upgraded from BW7.0 (or lower) to BW7.3 (or higher). You notice that some BW query result is different after the upgrade in the following situation:
- The query has "zero suppression" feature switched on ("Active" or "Active (All values = 0)").
- There are cells that "division by zero" (like 5/0) in the formula calculation.
- These cells are shown in the BW7.3 result but not shown in the BW7.0 result.
There is a setting that defines how a "division by zero" cell is to be displayed in the query result. The system default setting is "-". You can check the setting by (the exact description might differ a bit for different system versions):
- Transaction SPRO -> SAP Reference IMG -> SAP NetWeaver -> Business Warehouse -> Settings for Reporting and Analysis -> General Settings for Reporting and Analysis -> Display of Exception Values in a Query Result -> Division by zero
- Or directly Transaction RSCUSTV4 -> Division by zero
BW 7.3 and above
division by 0, divide by 0, divide by zero , KBA , BW-BEX-OT-OLAP , Analyzing Data , BW-BEX , Business Explorer , How To
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.