- You are installing a SAP system on SAP ASE.
- Building the database component fails. Checking into the log file, you may see entries similar to this:
Building Adaptive Server 'SID':
Writing entry into directory services...
Directory services entry complete.
Building master device...
Master device complete.
Writing RUN_SID file...
RUN_SID file complete.
Unable to boot server 'SID'.
Server '<SID>' was not created.
- In /sybase/<SID>/ASE..../install....<SID>.Log, you may see entries similar to following:
... ninit: bind, Cannot assign requested address
... Cannot allocate resources for listener with protocol tcp, host
... host-dr, port <port #>.
... Cannot start any network listeners.
... ueshutdown: exiting
... Main thread performing final shutdown.
... Blocking call queue shutdown.
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 15.7 for Business Suite
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 16.0 for Business Suite
- SAP Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) 6.0
- SAP Customer Relationship Management (CRM) 7.0
- SAP Supplier Relationship Management (SRM) 7.0
- SAP Supply Chain Management (SCM) 7.0
- SAP Solution Manager (SOLMAN) 7.1
- SAP NetWeaver (NW) - All versions
KBA , BC-DB-SYB , SAP Business Suite on Sybase ASE Database Platform , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.