- When the "wash size" configuration parameter is changed to a large value it seems to work, the output of sp_cacheconfig is correct
- The ASE config file will show a negative value
- If the ASE config file is edited with the correct values they remain until the next reboot when they change automatically to zero values
- The ASE Server will fail on a reboot with the following error in the ASE error log:
The wash size for the 4k buffer pool in cache default data cache has been incorrectly configured. It must be a minimum of 10 buffers and a maximum of 80 percent of the number of buffers in the pool.
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 15.7
- Sybase Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 15.5
SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise 15.7 ; Sybase Adaptive Server Enterprise 15.5
overflow,washsize , KBA , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , Bug Filed
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.