- Database recovery always takes (much) longer than other ASEs within same server
- The errorlog shows only 1 log record for the REDO pass, but still takes considerable time to recover
- Times observed can be 10s of minutes or even hours depending on database size
- In the errorlog, there is a time gap between the REDO pass and the timestamp messages
- Online database (very) slow
- Recovery of a very large database with mix data and log takes hours
- Here is an example from the error log:
00:01:00000:00001:2013/08/09 14:55:12.46 server Started REDO pass for database 'database_name'. The total number of log records to process is 1.
00:01:00000:00001:2013/08/09 14:55:12.47 server Completed REDO pass for database 'database_name'.
00:00:00000:00001:2013/08/09 15:06:10.06 server Timestamp for database 'database_name' is (0xc17b, 0x31f7b353). ---> 10 mins gap
00:00:00000:00001:2013/08/09 15:06:10.06 server Recovery of database 'database_name' will undo incomplete nested top actions.
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 15.5 and above
MDL (Mixed data and Log), slow recovery, sp_logdevice, CR#657529, CR657529, 657529 , KBA , sap adaptive server enterprise , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , Product Enhancement
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.