- Database recovery always takes much longer than other ASEs with same database
- In the error log, it shows only 1 log record for REDO pass. It still takes more than 10-20 minutes to recover
- In the error log, there is a time gap between the REDO pass and the timestamp messages
- Online database (very) slow
- Recovery of a very large database with mix data and log takes hours
- Accidental switch of a database with separate data and log segments to mixed data and log segments causes slow database recovery
- Here is an example from the error log:
00:01:00000:00001:2013/08/09 14:55:12.46 server Started REDO pass for database 'database_name'. The total number of log records to process is 1.
00:01:00000:00001:2013/08/09 14:55:12.47 server Completed REDO pass for database 'database_name'.
00:00:00000:00001:2013/08/09 15:06:10.06 server Timestamp for database 'database_name' is (0xc17b, 0x31f7b353). ---> 10 mins gap
00:00:00000:00001:2013/08/09 15:06:10.06 server Recovery of database 'database_name' will undo incomplete nested top actions.
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE). Not version specific.
MDL (Mixed data and Log), slow recovery, sp_logdevice, CR#657529, CR657529, 657529 , KBA , sap adaptive server enterprise , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , Bug Filed
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.