Questions about the procedure to perform the switch from a vendor JVM to SAP JVM:
- Where can I find the latest documentation about the SAP JVM Switch Tool?
- Where can I find the latest version of the SAP JVM Switch Tool?
- I can't find a document or SAP Note that explains how to switch to SAP JVM for ABAP only systems. When I try to run the SAP JVM Switch tool on my ABAP only system, it doesn't find any instances to switch. How to proceed?
- During the installation of an ABAP only system, a vendor JVM was required. How do I switch that vendor JVM to SAP JVM?
- My SAP system has its Central Instance and several Application Server instances on different servers. Do I need to run the SAP JVM Switch Tool on all servers?
- I have a distributed system. Is it necessary to run the SAP JVM Switch tool on all instances?
- My system is installed in a heterogeneous environment in which the application servers run on Windows hosts, whereas the SCS instance run separately on a Unix host. Are there any special steps to consider?
- I need to upgrade SAP JVM 4 to the latest patch. Can this be done with the SAP JVM Switch Tool?
- We switched to SAP JVM but when executing 'java -version' it still returns the old vendor JVM version. Why?
- Is there a backup procedure to be performed before running the SAP JVM Switch Tool?
- Is it necessary to apply a new patch to the SAP JVM after the switch?
- There are two or more systems in my landscape which are integrated / communicate with each other (i.e. Portal and ECC). Will the communication between these systems be affected if I switch to SAP JVM in only one of the systems?
- Can I use the SAP JVM Switch Tool to switch from a vendor 1.4.2 JVM to SAP JVM 5 or 6?
- I want to switch from SAP JVM 4.1 to 5.1 or 6.1. Is that possible?
- Is there any version of the SAP JVM Switch Tool available for SAP JVM 5 and 6?
- SAP JVM Switch Tool
- OS independent
- Database independent
JDK, Replacement, Sun, IBM, HP, Linux, Windows, Unix, Java Virtual Machine, Frequently asked questions, Query, Issues, Errors, Unknown instance, Not found, Missing, Incomplete, Restore, Undo, SAPJVMSWITCH, SAPJVM4, Sapinst, Framework, SL tools, Tool set, checkIfSomethingToDo , KBA , BC-INS-JVS , JVM Switch tool , How To
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.