This article applies to scenarios involving migration to SAP Business Intelligence Platform 4.0, 4.1, or 4.2 from earlier versions of SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise, XI R2 or 3.1. Here are a few assumptions in the following document -
- Upgrade Management Tool is referred to as UMT
- Migration is synonymous to upgrading the BI users and content to the current BI 4.x version
- Source or origin server is any legacy XI R2 or XI 3.1 environment, which the BI content is being migrated FROM.
- Target or destination server is the BI 4.x environment, which the BI content is being migrated TO.
- SAP Business Intelligence Platform 4.x
- Migrating from:
- SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI R2
- SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 3.1
bi4 bi4.0 bi4.1 bi4.2 4.0 4.1 4.2 xir2 xi3.1 upgrade, BOE, RDT, reposcan, import, export, biar, checklist, master, bpkba, biumt, biinst, tskba, mkba , KBA , 3.1 , tskba , 4.1 , upgrade , migrate , best practice , bpkba , mkba , 4.2 , umt , master , xir2 , biins , BI-BIP-UMT , Upgrade management tool , BI-BIP-DEP , SBOP Web Application Deployment, Wdeploy , BI-BIP-INS , Enterprise (BI platform) installation, upgrade, patching , How To
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.