- Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) errorlog reports one or more instances of the HK CHORES system task aborting with a signal 11 stack trace in either (or both) of BN_hex2bn() or (null).
- Stack traces may alternate between BN_hex2bn() and (null)
- Stack traces received may vary.
- Stack trace occurs while ASE is attempting to generate RSA keypair:
kernel Begin processing to generate RSA keypair.
kernel Current process (0xb000b) infected with signal 11
- The ASE HK CHORES task restarts automatically following stack trace:
kernel end of stack trace, spid 8, kpid 720907, suid 0
server Restarted process 'HK CHORES'.
- Stack trace occurs for HK CHORES system task spid with suid 0
- ASE errorlog may report engine failures during boot as well:
kernel engine 1, os pid 7258 exited
kernel Process 7258 exited with status 1
kernel Task with kpid 0 running on failed engine
kernel online failed
kernel engine 1, os pid 7259 online
- ASE may demonstrate other variable symptoms also
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 15.x
- Linux Suse 10, RHEL 5/6 (other platforms unaffected)
KBA , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.