- Loading 15.7 database dump into 15.0.2 (this occurs when loading any new version of ASE to an older version of ASE) receiving following BackupServer errors:
- Backup Server session id is: 5. Use this value when executing the 'sp_volchanged' system stored procedure after fulfilling any volume change request from the Backup Server.
Backup Server: 18.104.22.168: Dumpfile name 'dump_file_name' section number 1 mounted on disk file '/path/filename'
Backup Server: 22.214.171.124: Volume validation error: bad magic number m, expected USTH.
Msg 8009, Level 16, State 1:
Server 'xxxxxx', Line 1:
Error encountered by Backup Server. Please refer to Backup Server messages for details.
Aug 22 08:59:47 2014 Backup Server: 126.96.36.199: 'path/filename': volume not valid or not requested (server: , session id: 5.)
Aug 22 08:59:47 2014 Backup Server: 188.8.131.52: Unrecoverable I/O or volume error. This DUMP or LOAD session must exit.
- Error message ("bad magic number”) does not clearly communicate the underlying reason for the load failure.
Database dump taken from
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 15.7
and is being loaded into...
- Sybase Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 15.5
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 15.0.x
- Sybase Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 12.5.x
bad magic number, backward compatibility, restore, archive , KBA , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , How To
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.